October 6, 2012

Paleo Crabcakes!

Hey guys!

Sorry I've been a bit AWOL for a while. I found that during the last few weeks while my hubby was away, it was harder to be inspired to cook new things for one person. But he's back! Finally! So I've been cooking up a storm this past week and have come up with a couple of new ideas I'd like to share with everybody.

The first recipe I want to share is a little indulgent due to the fact that it's a bit more expensive than I usually prefer. However, I wanted to try something special in honor of my hubby's return.

So I invented a paleo-friendly recipe for crabcakes! I served them with a yummy guacamole, and a primal option of lemon sour cream; they were so good!



Ingredients:
  • 2 13 oz cans of lump crab meat, drained well
  • 1/4 cup of ground almonds
  • 1-2 tbsp coconut flour
  • 3 eggs, beaten well
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp celery seed
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • 2 tsp dried parsley
  • 1-2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp whole peppercorns
  • oil for frying
Method:
  1.  Dump the crab meat into a big glass bowl. Add the ground almonds, coconut flour, and eggs and mix with a fork or your hands.
  2. Grind the spices in a coffee grinder or with a mortar and pestle (which is what I did!) and add to the crab meat mixture and incorporate fully.
  3. Preheat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat and add either extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil, enough to cover the bottom of the pan, and heat through.
  4. Form the crab meat mixture into patties 3 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch thick. Fry in the pan in batches of 4 for about 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
  5. Drain on a cooling rack and serve with salad, sweet potato fries, lemon wedges, and guacamole!
Until next time!...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsey,
    It is hard to get motivated sometimes, but looks like you are back in the apron. Your Crab Cakes look awesome, we just love Crab Cakes.Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete