So today, I was looking for something easy and all-purpose to make for me and my honey's lunches. I turned to a tried and true recipe for simple pan cooked chicken thighs.
Easy and delicious, for two or a crowd, I highly recommend you try this yummy all-purpose chicken!
Serves 2 healthy appetites!
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (organic!)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat a heavy bottomed pan (cast iron or stainless steel) over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, lay the chicken thighs in the pan so they are evenly spaced and not touching.
- Do not move them for at least 5 minutes! This is important for browning the meat. In the meantime, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Take tongs or a spatula and try to pry up one of the thighs, if it releases easily, the meat is ready to flip; if not, give them another minute and then try again.
- After flipping the chicken, season the other side. Once again, do not move the chicken for at least 5 minutes, or until the meat lets go of the pan.
- When both sides are nice and brown, turn the heat to medium-low and cook each side for another 5 minutes or until the fat is well rendered and crispiness is achieved!
- I usually check if the meat is done by cutting into the thickest part and seeing if there is any pink color left, if not, the chicken is ready!
- Let the meat rest for about 5 minutes and then serve however you prefer, enjoy!